THE CLOUD SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, CLASSIFIED INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER DATA THAT IS SUBJECT TO PRIVACY LAWS, EXPORT CONTROL LAWS OR OTHER LAWS THAT WOULD REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY FOR THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THAT WOULD SUBJECT LANDING AI TO ADDITIONAL OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITY (COLLECTIVELY, “PROHIBITED USES“). CUSTOMER AGREES THAT IT WILL NOT USE THE CLOUD SERVICES FOR ANY PROHIBITED USE AND WILL NOT LOAD ANY SUCH DATA ONTO THE LANDING AI PLATFORM.
1. The “Landing AI Platform” is a cloud-based software platform, currently referred to as LandingLensTM, that provides access to machine learning capabilities for processing images. The Landing AI Platform may be used to create machine learning models trained on Customer’s images (“Customer Models“).
2. Cloud Services. Subject to Customer’s compliance with these Terms, Landing AI will provide Customer with access to those components of the Landing AI Platform and for the time period for which Customer has obtained a subscription (the “Cloud Services”). Customer may use the Cloud Services solely for its internal business purposes. If Customer’s subscription is an unpaid, trial, evaluation, beta or other non-commercial subscription (“Non-Commercial Subscription“), then Customer may use the Cloud Services solely for testing and evaluation of the Cloud Services and not for general production use. Customer may select employees within its organization that are authorized to use the Cloud Services on its behalf but must obtain separate credentials, e.g., user IDs and passwords, for each such authorized user (each, an “Authorized User”). Use of the Cloud Services is expressly limited to Customer’s Authorized Users.
3. Service Changes. From time to time, Landing AI may change or discontinue any of the Cloud Services or change or remove any functionality of the Cloud Services and may change the pricing for the Cloud Services. For paid commercial subscriptions, Landing AI will provide at least thirty (30) days’ prior notice, on its web site or on the Landing AI Platform, of any material change to the Cloud Services.
4. Restrictions. Customer shall not attempt to interfere with or disrupt the Cloud Services or the Landing AI Platform or attempt to gain access to any systems or networks that connect thereto, except as required to access and use the Cloud Services. Customer shall not allow access to or use of the Cloud Services by anyone other than Authorized Users. Customer shall not: (a) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile any part of the Landing AI Platform (except to the extent applicable law does not allow this restriction); (b) access or use the Landing AI Platform in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas; (c) rent, lease, or provide access to the Cloud Services on a time-share or service bureau basis; or (d) transfer any of its rights under these Terms.
5. Customer Responsibilities. Customer is solely responsible for meeting Landing AI’s minimum technology requirements for use of the Cloud Services. Customer is solely responsible for the development and use of its Customer Content. Customer shall use the Cloud Services exclusively for authorized and legal purposes, consistent with all applicable laws, regulations and the rights of others. Customer is responsible for: (a) its Authorized User’s compliance with these Terms and for all other activity occurring under Customer’s account; and (b) preventing unauthorized access to or use of the Cloud Services under its account, and notifying Landing AI promptly of any such unauthorized access or use. Customer shall defend (or settle with Landing AI’s prior written consent), indemnify and hold harmless Landing AI, its officers, directors and employees, from and against any liabilities, losses damages, and expenses, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any third party claim arising from the Customer Content or Customer’s use of the Cloud Services (except to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Landing AI). Landing AI may participate in the defense or settlement of any indemnified claim at its own expense and with its own choice of counsel.
6. Fees and Payments. Customer will pay Landing AI the non-refundable fees set forth in the relevant order in accordance with the terms therein (“Fees”) and without offset or deduction. Landing AI reserves the right to change the Fees or applicable charges and to institute new charges and Fees at the end of the Initial Term or then-current Renewal Term, upon thirty (30) days’ prior notice to Customer, which may be sent by email. Landing AI will charge Customer’s selected payment method (e.g., credit card or debit card) for any Fees on the applicable payment date, including any applicable taxes. If Landing AI cannot charge Customer’s selected payment method for any reason (such as expiration or insufficient funds), Customer remains responsible for any uncollected amounts and Landing AI may immediately discontinue the Cloud Services. In accordance with local law, Landing AI may update information regarding Customer’s selected payment method if provided such information by Customer’s financial institution.
7. Data Maintenance and Backup Procedures. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Landing AI does not monitor or police Customer’s communications, images, data or software code (“Customer Content”) used in or resulting from the Cloud Services and, except as set forth in this Section, Landing AI is not responsible for any Customer Content. Landing AI shall follow its standard archival procedures for Customer Content. In the event of any loss or corruption of Customer Content, Landing AI shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to restore the lost or corrupted Customer Content from the latest backup of such Customer Content maintained by Landing AI. Landing AI shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or corruption of Customer Content caused by any third party. LANDING AI’S EFFORTS TO RESTORE LOST OR CORRUPTED CUSTOMER CONTENT PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION IS LANDING AI’S SOLE LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF CUSTOMER CONTENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE CLOUD SERVICES.
8. Ownership and Limitation on Use. Customer expressly acknowledges that Landing AI owns all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Cloud Services and the Landing AI Platform, including all intellectual property rights therein. Customer will not delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Cloud Services. Landing AI expressly acknowledges that Customer owns all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Customer Content and Customer Models, including all intellectual property rights therein. Customer shall only use Customer Models solely for its internal purposes and shall not distribute or resell any Customer Model(s) to any third party.
9. Landing AI’s “Confidential Information” includes the Landing AI Platform, and Customer’s Confidential Information includes the Customer Content and Customer Models. Confidential Information will not include, however, any information that (i) is received by the receiving party from a third party without restriction on use or disclosure, (ii) the disclosing party gives to third parties without restriction on use or disclosure, or (iii) is previously known to the receiving party or independently developed by the receiving party. For the term of the Cloud Services and for a period of three (3) years thereafter, each party agrees to use reasonable efforts to hold the other party’s Confidential Information in confidence, and not to disclose it to others or use it except for purposes of this Cloud Services.
10. Warranty. Subject to the limitations set forth below and excluding Non-Commercial Subscriptions, Landing AI warrants that the Cloud Services shall operate in all material respects in accordance with their specifications. As Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy and Landing AI’s entire liability for any breach of the foregoing warranty, Landing AI will use commercially reasonable efforts to modify the Cloud Services so that it conforms to the foregoing warranty or refund Customer’s fees paid for the non-conforming Cloud Services.
11. Warranty Disclaimer. Customer assumes sole responsibility and liability for results obtained from the use of the Cloud Services and the Customer Models and for conclusions drawn from such use. Landing AI has no liability for any claims, losses, or damage caused by errors or omissions in any Customer Content or Customer Models, or any results produced by the Cloud Services or Customer Models. Landing AI shall have no liability for any claims, losses or damages arising out of or in connection with Customer’s use of any third-party products, services, or links within the Cloud Services.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN SECTION 9, LANDING AI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE LANDING AI PLATFORM OR THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THE CUSTOMER MODELS. THE CLOUD SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND LANDING AI DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE CLOUD SERVICES OR CUSTOMER MODELS WILL BE ERROR FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT ALL ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY.
12. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL LANDING AI’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THE CUSTOMER MODELS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THE CUSTOMER MODELS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER HEREUNDER RELATING TO SUCH LIABILITY. LANDING AI WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THE CUSTOMER MODELS OR INABILITY TO USE THE CLOUD SERVICES OR THE CUSTOMER MODELS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT LANDING AI HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
13. Term and Termination. These Terms shall become effective when the Cloud Services commence and shall continue until the applicable ending date for the Cloud Services, unless terminated earlier by either party in accordance with these Terms. Each party will have the right to terminate any Cloud Services purchased hereunder if the other party materially breaches any of these Terms and fails to cure such breach within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof. Landing AI may suspend Customer’s access to the Landing AI Platform if Landing AI believes that Customer may be breaching or about to breach these Terms. Landing AI may at any time limit or terminate any Non-Commercial Subscription. Upon expiration or termination of these Terms, Customer’s right to access and use the Cloud Services shall immediately terminate, and Customer shall immediately cease all use of the Cloud Services.
14. Notice. All notices, permissions and approvals will be in writing and will be deemed to have been given upon: (i) personal delivery, (ii) the second business day after mailing, or (iii) sending by confirmed email if sent during the recipient’s normal business hours (or, if not, then on the next business day). Notices will be sent to the address specified by the recipient in writing when establishing Customer’s account (or such other address as the recipient may thereafter specify by notice given in accordance with this Section).
15. Assignment. Customer may not assign or transfer this agreement or the Cloud Services, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Landing AI. Any attempted assignment or transfer, without such consent, shall be void. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action related to the Service or these Terms will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
17. Publicity. Each party shall have the right to publicly announce the existence of the business relationship between the parties. Landing AI may use Customer’s name, trademarks, and logos on Landing AI’s website and marketing materials to identify Customer as Landing AI’s customer.
18. U.S. Government End Users. The Cloud Services are “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” respectively, as such terms are used in FAR 12.212 and other relevant government procurement regulations. Any use, duplication, or disclosure of the software or its documentation by or on behalf of the U.S. government is subject to restrictions as set forth in these Terms.
19. General. Each party shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to its activities. The parties are independent contractors. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under these Terms will constitute a waiver of that right. If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be modified by the court and interpreted so as best to accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining Terms will remain in effect. Landing AI will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform under these Terms to the extent such delay or failure results from circumstances or causes beyond the reasonable control of Landing AI. These Terms and the document(s) reference these Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all prior communications, agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. No modification, amendment, or waiver of any of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and either signed or accepted electronically by a duly authorized representative of each party against whom the modification, amendment or waiver is to be asserted. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary therein, no additional or conflicting terms or conditions stated in Customer’s purchase order or other order documentation will be incorporated into or form any part of these Terms, and all such terms or conditions will be null.